Royal Canin Starter Mother and Baby Dog Mousse. 195g x 12
Ideal for for extra calories for mum, and easy mousse to start weaning your puppies onto
highly palatable formula
During pregnancy and nursing, bitches need a food that is adapted to their special nutritional requirements. Puppies too need a supplementary diet from four weeks of age that supports them during the sensitive weaning period when they get used to solid foods. Royal Canin Starter Mousse was specially developed for the nutritional requirements of bitches and puppies. The fine, unique texture of the Royal Canin Starter Mousse makes food intake smooth and easy.
Royal Canin Starter Mousse Mother & Babydog :
- Dog food with adjusted nutrient density and energy contents
- For bitches during pregnancy and lactation
- For puppies from weaning stage
A female dog’s weight and size will increase dramatically in the last 3-4 weeks of pregnancy and the bitch will need more food to keep herself going. Offer several small portions a day, as pregnancy will prevent her from taking in large amounts of food at once.
During lactation, bitches need the right amount of energy for milk production, and lots of water. A generous energy intake will prevent weight loss. Regardless of the size of the litter, a lactating bitch needs 2 to 3 times her usual energy intake. She therefore needs a food with the right nutrient density and energy contents.
Puppies can be fed semi-solid food from three to four weeks of age. Puppies are now developed enough to be needing less maternal milk and take in more and more solid food. Puppies will imitate their mother’s feeding behaviour. At the same time, the mother dog’s energy requirements will decrease, meaning she needs less food.
Royal Canin Starter Mousse Mother & Babydog can be fed as a sole feed or in combination with Royal Canin Starter dry food. The Birth Programme, inspired by professional research, is a unique nutritional solution which helps meet the needs of the bitch and her puppies during the first five stages of their life cycle: gestation, birth, lactation, weaning, and growth up to 2 months old. The Start Complex contains valuable nutrients and essential additives that help to secure puppies’ digestive security. In addition, the natural defences are supported in their development.
Royal Canin Starter Mousse Mother & Babydog:
- Super-soft, moist dog food in convenient ring-pull can
- For pregnant or nursing bitches: their special nutritional requirements are met by the adjusted nutritional profile with high nutrient content and energy density
- For puppies: a helpful support during the weaning phase, from three to four weeks of age
- Start Complex: a special combination of nutrients present in maternal milk and special additives supports digestive security and puppies’ immune system
- Feeding: may be fed as a sole food or in combination with Royal Canin Starter dry dog food